Signing up and creating Employer Profile
- Sign up by clicking on the “SIGN UP” tab on the top right of the Home page or by clicking on the “Post Project” tab on the Home page.
- Fill in all the required detail including name, email and password. Please ensure your email details are correct as you will only be able to activate your account once you have verified your email address by replying to the GigSafari confirmation email which will be sent to you.
- Open the email which would have been sent to you from GigSafari and click on the “Confirm my email address” tab in order to verify your email contact details. This will take you back into the GigSafari website
Posting a project
- Sign in to GigSafari and then click on the “Post a Project” tab on the home page.
- Complete your project details by choosing a project category and title, skills required, budget and location, as well as a short description of what you need done. You can also attach files to provide more detail if required.
- When you have completed all the project details, click on the “Submit Project” tab in the bottom left corner.
- Freelancers on GigSafari will now be able to bid on your project, and you will receive an email notification, as well as a message on your GigSafari profile page, each time a freelancer places a bid on your project. By clicking on the link in the email you will be able to retrieve more details on the bid and the freelancer.
- Alternatively, you are also able to search the GigSafari site for suitable freelancers. To do this, click on the “Find Freelancers” tab on the home page.
- You can search available freelancer profiles by Keywords, Skills, Projects, Location and Hourly rate, or you can scroll down to see the list of all Freelancers on GigSafari.
- Click on the freelancer profile name to retrieve more detail about the freelancer.
- When exploring the freelancer profile, you can invite them to bid on your project if you feel their skill and experience is suitable. This can be done by clicking on the “Invite Me” tab in the top right corner of the freelancer profile. A notification will then be sent on GigSafari and via email to the freelancer, inviting them to bid on your project.
- You can communicate with all bidders on your project by selecting the “Contact” tab under each bid profile
Selecting a suitable freelancer
- Once you have several suitable bidders on your project you can begin your selection process.
- If you feel you would like additional freelancers to bid on your project, you can search available freelancer profiles by clicking on the “Find Freelancers” tab on the home page, and searching by Keywords, Skills, Projects, Location and Hourly rate. You can then invite them by clicking on the “Invite Me” tab in the top right corner of the freelancer profile. A notification will then be sent on GigSafari and via email to the freelancer, inviting them to bid on your project.
- Should you wish to request more information or direct questions to any of the bidders, you can do this by selecting the “Contact” tab under each bid profile, and then sending your message or request. All further communication relating to the project will then be facilitated through the GigSafari platform.
- Once you have evaluated all the bids and selected the most appropriate freelancer, you simply click on the “Accept Bid” under the freelancer profile.
- You will then be directed to a Bid Acceptance Confirmation screen. To confirm acceptance of the bid, you will need to have sufficient credit to cover the cost of the project. If your credit balance is insufficient to cover the cost of the project, you will need to click on the “Buy Credit” tab on the bottom left of the screen. You will need to purchase enough credits to cover the total cost of the project as indicated under “Total Amount” on the screen. Remember that 1 credit on the GigSafari platform equals R1.
- In order to enhance security on the site, you will need to enter a secure code as indicated. To access this secure code, you will need to go into your profile, and then select “Request/Reset a secure code” under “My Account”.
- This secure code will then be sent to your email. Return to the Bid acceptance confirmation screen by clicking on “Accept Bid” again, and enter the secure code sent via email.
- Click on the “Buy Credit” tab and select Payfast payment method. Please note that GigSafari uses Payfast to process online purchases – you will need to be registered with Payfast to complete any GigSafari online purchases.
- Once you have received confirmation of successful payment, the selected freelancer will be notified of the bid acceptance, and you can commence the project and communicate with the selected freelancer via Workspace on the GigSafari platform