GigSafari utilizes the Payfast payment gateway for transactions on the site. To make payments on the site, both freelancers and employers will be required to be registered with Payfast
All payments that are made to freelancers for completed project work on GigSafari will be credited to the freelancer’s profile. The available credit balance can be viewed at any time by clicking on the “MY CREDIT” tab under the freelancer profile name. This credit can be utilized to purchase additional proposal bids (see “How do you purchase bid proposals” for more detail on this) or can be withdrawn and paid into the freelancer bank account at any time (see Credit Withdrawal Process for more detail on this).
The Bid system on GigSafari and how to use it
The GigSafari platform is based on a bid system, as are many other global freelancing sites.
The underlying principle is that suitable freelancers will bid on projects they feel they can successfully undertake and complete. A bid is essentially a proposal that is sent to the employer or project owner, detailing the freelancer’s budget, relevant skills and experience. This is all done on the GigSafari platform and is described in more detail here: (Browsing and Bidding on Projects). Freelancer’s will use 1 bid proposal each time they bid on a project.
Credit Withdrawal Process
- Once you have signed in, click on your profile name in the top right corner of the homepage.
- Then click on the “MY CREDIT” tab
- Scroll down to the Credit Withdrawal section
- Enter or update your banking information to ensure that funds are transferred into the correct account
- Click on the “Withdraw” tab and complete the information in the Withdrawal Request Form, including the amount to be withdrawn and the Security code (see Accessing Secure Code Process for more detail on this)
Accessing Secure Code Process
- Once you have signed in, click on your profile name in the top right corner of the homepage
- Select “My Profile” from the drop-down menu
- Scroll down to “My Account” and click on the “Request/Reset Secure Code” option. This secure code will then be sent to your email address
Purchasing bid proposals
When signing up on GigSafari, each freelancer will be given 10 free bid proposals that can be used for bidding on suitable projects. Once these have been used up, new bid proposals will need to be purchased on the GigSafari platform.
This can be done by following these steps:
- Select the “Purchase more bids” tab under “MY PROFILE”
- Sign in and click on profile name in top right corner
- Click on MY PROFILE, scroll down and click on “Purchase more bids” tab,
- Indicate the number of bids required and click on the “NEXT STEP” tab,
- Pay by selecting “Payfast” or by selecting credit from your available balance
The cost of each bid proposal varies from R12.50 – R15 per bid, depending on the number of bids purchased.