This notice explains how we collect, retain, use and disclose your personal information, as is required by the Protection of Personal Information Act No. 4 of 2013, as amended from time to time (“POPI”).
At GigSafari CC (“GigSafari”), we are committed to protecting your privacy and to ensuring that your personal information is collected, retained, used and disclosed properly, lawfully and transparently.
- Who we are
- GigSafari is an independent, South African, owner and operator of the freelance services platform located at www.gigsafari.co.za.
- What information we collect
- We collect and process your personal information mainly to provide you with access to our website, platform and services and to help us improve our service offerings to you. It is our policy to respect the confidentiality of your personal information.
- The type of information we collect will depend on the purpose for which it is collected and used. We will only collect information which is adequate, relevant and not excessive in relation to the purpose for which the information has been collected.
- We collect information directly from you, for example when you use our services or when you contact us.
- The supply of your personal information is mandatory to access our website, platform, services and to enable us, our freelancers and service providers to effectively provide services to you.
- Failure to provide your personal information, as reasonably required, will effectively prevent you from accessing our website and platform or receiving our services.
- How we use your information
- We will use your personal information only for the purposes for which it was collected.
- In providing you with our services, we may also provide your personal information to freelancers and service providers, and other specialist advisors who have been contracted by us to provide administrative, compliance, financial, insurance or legal services.
- We will also use your personal information to comply with legal and regulatory requirements or industry codes to which we subscribe or which apply to us, or when it is otherwise allowed by applicable law (for example; to protect GigSafari’s legitimate interests).
- We shall not retain your personal information for any longer than is necessary.
- Cookies, Other Services and Newsletters
- Given our aim to provide you with personal and effective services, we would like to use your information to keep you informed about our other services, updates to our terms and conditions, our platform and website.
- Please email us at [email protected] if you do not wish to receive such updates and information. You may opt out at any time if you do not wish to receive any further communications of this nature.
- GigSafari uses Google AdWords Remarketing (“AdWords”) to advertise our services across the Internet.
- AdWords will display relevant ads tailored to you based on the parts of the GigSafari website you have viewed by placing a cookie on your machine.
- THIS COOKIE DOES NOT IN ANY WAY IDENTIFY YOU OR GIVE ACCESS TO YOUR COMPUTER. The cookie is used to say “This person visited this page, so show them ads relating to that page”.
- AdWords allows GigSafari to tailor our marketing campaigns to better suit your needs and only display ads that are relevant to you.
- If you do not wish to participate in the GigSafari AdWords campaign, you can opt out by visiting https://adssettings.google.com/.
- Disclosure of Information
- We may disclose your personal information to our freelancers and service providers who are involved in the delivery of services to you. We have agreements in place to ensure that they comply with these privacy terms.
- We may share your personal information with, and obtain information about you from:
- third parties for the purposes listed above, for example fraud prevention agencies and law enforcement agencies;
- specialist advisors; and
- other third parties from whom you have chosen to receive marketing information.
- We may also disclose your information:
- where we have a duty or a right to disclose in terms of law or industry codes;
- where we believe it is necessary to protect our rights; and
- where we are legally obliged to provide adequate protection for the personal information we hold and to stop unauthorised access and use of personal information.
- We will, on an ongoing basis, continue to review our security controls and related processes to ensure that your personal information is secure.
- We aim to safeguard the privacy of your information and we hold personal information in a combination of secure computer storage facilities, paper-based files and other records.
- We have security policies and procedures in place, which cover:
- physical security;
- computer and network security;
- access to personal information;
- secure communications;
- security in contracting out activities or functions;
- retention and disposal of information;
- acceptable usage of personal information;
- governance and regulatory issues;
- monitoring access and usage of personal information; and
- investigating and reacting to security incidents.
- When we contract with third parties, we impose appropriate security, privacy and confidentiality obligations on them to ensure that all personal information, for which we are responsible for, is kept secure.
- We may need to transfer your personal information to another country for processing or storage. We will ensure that anyone that we pass your personal information to agrees to treat your information with the same or similar level of protection as that which we have provided to you in terms of this privacy statement.
- Your Rights
- You have the right to request a copy of your personal information in our possession. You may contact us at the numbers and addresses listed below and specify what information you would like to receive. We will take all reasonable steps to confirm your identity before providing details of your personal information.
- Please note that we are allowed to charge a reasonable fee for such access, however, that we have decided to grant such access free of charge.
- You have a right, at any time and on reasonable grounds, to object to the processing of your personal information, at which time we shall immediately cease doing so and at which time your access to our services, website and platform shall be terminated.
- We endeavour to ensure that the personal information we hold is accurate and up to date.
You have the right to request us to update, correct or delete your personal information. You may do this by contacting us at the numbers and addresses provided below.
- We will take all reasonable steps to confirm your identity before making changes to personal information we may hold about you.
- We would appreciate it if you would keep your personal information accurate. Please notify us at the numbers and addresses below when your personal information changes.
- Changes to this notice
- Our Privacy Statement will be reviewed from time to time to take into account current legislation and to ensure that it remains appropriate to current circumstances. Please check this website periodically to inform yourself of any changes.
- How to contact GigSafari
- Please contact us at the following addresses if you wish to inquire about any aspect of this Privacy Statement, exercise any right or if you wish to update your personal information:
24 Pafuri Road
P.O. Box 664